Jazzy Vegetarian: Lively Vegan Cuisine That's Easy and Delicious
- Does the Jazzy Vegetarian Cookbook have a lot of pictures?
The book contains dozens of color photos that will help readers prepare many of the recipes in the book and entice them with beautiful images of the finished dishes.
- What is the size (dimensions) of the cookbook?
8 x 9 1/4
- Is it a hard back or soft back cookbook?
It is a hardback book
- How many recipes are in the cookbook?
122 recipes, a number of which have variations included
- Are all of the recipes vegan?
All of the recipes are vegan, but for the most part call for very familiar ingredients that can be purchased at your local supermarket
- Are there dessert recipes?
Readers will find a full array of desserts, and several muffin recipes would also make delicious desserts.
- What are a few of the sample recipe titles?
Savory Herb Mini-Biscuits
Walnut, Beet, and Tofu Salad
Jazzy Black Bean Chili
Festive Zucchini Lasagna
Quick Penne with Broccoli and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Sesame Green Beans
Sweet-and Spicy Chocolate Mousse
Wonderful Walnut-Mushroom Loaf
Luscious Little Carrot Muffins
- Are there recipes in the book that my omnivorous family and friends would like to eat?
The focus of the book is on recipes that everyone is familiar with, whether they're vegetarian or not. Whether you are a dedicated vegan, adopting a vegetarian lifestyle, or just want to fit a ‘veggie style meal’ into your weekly menu plan, the cookbook shows you step-by-step how to prepare simple, vegan dishes that will please just about everybody that you are cooking for.
- Are there easy to read instructions that are easy to follow?
Each recipe was carefully written and reviewed to ensure ease of preparation.
- Are all the recipes in the show included the book?
All the recipes from the show can be found in the book, including additional recipes from Laura's personal collection.
- Are ingredients in the recipes easy to get? Where can I buy the ingredients?
All the ingredients in this book can be found in any large urban supermarket or natural food store. Resources are given for any reader who needs to order ingredients online or through the mail.
- Is the cookbook for a beginning cook or more intermediate?
All the recipes are easy enough for beginners to tackle, but will intrigue intermediate cooks as well.
- I am an advanced cook, is the book for me too?
The combinations of flavors in these recipes will entice even an advanced cook and help them expand their repertoire.
- Are there easy to do substitutions listed in the book?
Alternative ingredients and variations are included in many recipes.
- Is this book available at a store (if I would like to see it first)?
The book will be available in many bookstores and natural food stores.
- I am a new vegetarian. Will this book help me to make recipes on a daily basis?
The variety of recipes included in this book includes many everyday favorites. Sample menus will help readers see how to put everything together. The book's glossary will help readers learn more about how to buy vegan versions of familiar ingredients and how to choose the best quality ingredients.
- I am hosting a dinner party soon. Will the book provide information on how to plan a vegetarian party menu?
The menu chapter includes great ideas for casual, formal, and family entertaining--and even provides tips for musical selections to accompany your meal!
- Does the book include information on organic food choices? What about GMOs? Does the cookbook talk about that?
Laura encourages the use of and explains the importance of organic ingredients and helps readers understand why they should choose non-GMO ingredients.
- Please tell us a little bit about Laura Theodore, The Jazzy Vegetarian.
Laura Theodore, the Jazzy Vegetarian, is a vegan chef, radio host and television personality, award-winning jazz singer and actor, sustainable lifestyle blogger, and cookbook author. She is the proud creator of “Jazzy Vegetarian" and author of "Jazzy Vegetarian: Lively Vegan Cuisine That's Easy and Delicious."